Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 4, day 2 today

Well...Well...I made it to WEEK 4 and today will be day 2.  So do I feel any differences from 3 weeks ago?  I will list them:

1. My hips, knees and feet don't hurt after each run
2. my cardio-vascular condition has improved as my heart rate stays mid-point now versus high (basically meaning my heart rate has dropped at my current pace, I need to push myself a little more so my heart rate increases.)
3. I am not snoring anymore!!

After every run though -- IT'S NOT FUN---really, I hate running I'm waiting for the day where I say "I love running..." NOPE, not anytime soon.

A few symptoms that still exist from the beginning of my training:

1.  My FEET STILL HURT

I have to find a good pair of running shoes that support my fallen arches...my feet have been my worst enemy during this whole training process, my heart, body, legs, say go...but my feet say HELL NO. 

So now the bad news...MY DIET STINKS! Well not literally but I have not been eating well at all, I have lost 3 lbs gained it back, lost 2 lbs gained it back...blah...blah...blahhhhhh. I need to get it in my head NO SUGAR! NO JUNK FOOD!  I am still playing games in my head when I'm presented with junk food, instead of saying "No I don't need that..." I say "Well, just a bite, a little won't hurt, I'll just run longer, I'll work...every excuse in the book." I need to constantly remind myself no junk food...

Back to running-- Sean suggested that I need to run everyday, and he's right I need to run everyday I need to figure out how much, how long, how many days etc. etc.  So I think I'm going to do short runs during the week M,T,W,Th maybe Fri, and do a long run on Saturdays outside.  I still haven't ran outside yet, because I'm still afraid to --- BOO...so Fail on running outside again.

So for today's training schedule run jog 12/1 3x
Eat well or at least ok to have enough energy to run afterwork, I've been noticing that if I don't eat well during the day at work, I'm pretty much junk when I get home for my run. No food = no energy...big NO NO!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: