Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Half a bagel banana slices with PB.

This is my late lunch a half bagel "bagel" (they are bagels that are normally half the size of what a normal bagel is! I was super excited to find these in bagel, bun, and bread form as I always eat one side of a bun when we have burgers. Within my bagel was a quarter of a banana sliced with some nutty peanut butter.
It is now week 2 of my 5k training and so far so good. Last Thursday I attempted to see if I would be able to run/jog 30 minutes straight and I did, it was quite suprising. My speed was at 3.7 which is really slow you can pretty much walk at this speed but my goal was to at least jog the whole 3o minutes and I did. But I skipped/neglected my cross training on Friday, which I told myself I would do Saturday, or Sunday but I didn't :( ugghh...That will be my last freeibie! Yesterday I ran 7/1 - 4 times. Which is basically run 7 minutes, walk a minute 4x. IT WAS AWFUL!! I almost didn't run my last 7 minute run but had a mind game and convinced myself to just do it and I did. I'm happy that I have continued and not stopped, the hardest part is getting going and just putting on your shoes, stretch and getting on the treadmill -- sometimes is daunting!
I have been reading a ton of blogs about staying fit, eating healthy, recipes, running, timing, training etc. etc. and it has helped me keep my mind straight. After yesterday's run, it has proven to me that I still need alot of training.
Monday, March 15th
30 Minutes
3.9 mph
1.96 miles (I think)
Most people run a 5k in 30 minutes, so you see I need some training, I keep wondering if I didn't have an extra 30 lbs if it would easier. So note to myself, to the 30lb lighter Lannie, ask yourself "Is it easier running with 30lbs less on your body?" Speaking of extra weight and telling whoever will listen to me about my new venture in running a 5k. I told my older sister Russlyn that I was training to run a 5k, and told her I jogged 30 minutes straight at 3.7 miles she was pretty stoked. She got a kick out of what I wear when I jog, I told her I wear a pair a of Nike running spandex to hold my chub together because it hurts to jog and your fat sling-shots back at you! LOL! Until next time....

No comments: