Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Change in Plans....5k

I was just on my sparkpage and read that the Komen Race is on Sunday April 11th!! Well I knew it was coming up but never really considered running the race because I didn't think I was in good enough shape to do so! But I'm going to do it!  I have about a week and a half to train even harder before the race, well not too hard that I injure myself!

I'm really bummed because the Komen Race had a 6 week training session that started February 27th ...bummer! Well at least now I have no excuses to make my first run outside this Saturday.  I'm pretty excited but scared...YIKES!! I have to register by April 2nd, they will mail my bib number and my shirt :) It's sounding more and more official!! The name of our time is "Fight like a girl"

event details : http://www.komensaz.org/race/eventinfo.html

1 comment:

OrionsMama said...

Hi there,
I just want to wish you a good run on your race tomorrow. I was going to wish you luck, but I don't think you'll need it, you'll do great...Keep up the hard work, it's motivating me to get up and jog/walk with the little one. Thank you, Denise