Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 1, Day 2 done!

Yaye! I ran day 2. I didn't think I was going to because of the pain in my hips. But I tell you, my second to last 5 minute run was painful, and the last 5 minutes were worse. I wanted to stop...I was getting pains behind my left knee and both my hips. aghhh...I am so out of shape. I'm hoping my endurance and cardio vascular condition improves. I was reading a blog page from a friend on spark people and she wrote something that I hope I will one day realize. She wrote that she is beginning to find her inner athelete in running. She is training for a 1/2 marathon in about 4 weeks! She also said that running the first mile was a piece of cake now, and she ran a 3k on her treadmill in about 32 minutes! whoa! That's fast! Considering it takes me 30 minutes to run 1.70 miles YIKES!! TRAIN!RUN!TRAIN!RUN! I will get there too.

Week 1 Day 2: run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute -- five times

I wonder if it gets easier to run because your losing weight or if it's because your getting your body conditioned? Perhaps a combination of both. I tell you, while I was running yesterday the pain was there, but I truly felt it when I was done running. I tell you, I'm getting old or I'm just out of shape I don't know who to blame? I wore a pair of black slacks that I wore last week that Sean said were a little tight, they seem to fit a little more comfortably this morning?? This couldn't be the results of running two days straight could it? If so, YIPPEEE...keep on truckin!

Along with running, I'm trying not to eat so bad. No Sweets, no fast food, I haven't completely stopped carbs yet. But at least none of the bad stuff, I was hoping to add no coffee in this list but not just yet.

So as I said yesterday "if you can do it today, you can do it tomorrow."

No comments: